Thursday, June 25, 2020

Fusion: Relaxed Living






Just an easy breezy summery card to send to a friend for an upcoming birthday......although It's Your Day could work for other occasions as well.  

We had two fellows literally wash up on our beach a few days ago just before sunset. They had borrowed a Jetski to take a ride but got lost and then "broke down."  It was definitely their day because on our beach was my son-in-law and the Big Guy. The Big Guy assured them they just needed gas and headed to our garage to get some. My son-in-law is a pilot with a wonderful sense of direction so he quickly plotted a course for them to get back to their starting point.  The Big Guy returned, filled their tank and the Jetski started right up!  They were very appreciative and both guys shook his hand to say thanks.  As the Jetski pulled away my daughter reminded her father he was not supposed to shake hands.  So the Big Guy calmly poured the last bit of gasoline on his hands and rubbed it in.......Adirondack Mountain hand sanitizer.....sigh....




I used both the sketch and the inspiration photo this week at Fusion - hope you play along!


                                                  

Stamp Sets: Basket of Blooms, Under My Umbrella 
Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Night of Navy
Paper: Whisper White, Seaside Spray, Playing With Patterns DSP
Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder

10 comments:

Brian King said...

GORGEOUS! I had zero interest in this stamp set. Now I'm not sure I can go without it. This is such a great card, Linda! Gasoline always works as a cleaning agent - but not if you have something in your eye. ♥

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card! Love that little basket of flowers, such a fun design! Hmmm...with the shortage of hand sanitizer, maybe he's onto something!! ;)

tonilea said...

This is a lovely sweet card that could serve as a Thinking of You as well as birthday.

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, your card is extra darling this week - summery and delightful! I spy with my little eye another embossing folder I must have!
That Big Guy of yours was their hero - though I do hope it was unleaded! and he didn't immediately go start the grill!
=]

Mrs Scully said...

Your story made me laugh. In these days, a laugh is always a good thing. Gasoline? Really? But I do admit, it's so easy to forget distancing . But all through the story, I kept thinking "what is that background on the paper?" Is it paste through a stencil ? Can't be an embossing folder, certainly . Then one of the commenters mentioned it as an embossing folder and I looked in the catalog! I totally missed that one. Gotta have it! The card is so sweet. The background subtle, but so prominent. Great card, great story. Thanks for the laugh.

LeAnne said...

First, kudos to your men for helping out, and I am sure gas is a perfectly acceptable hand sanitizer...at least in our garage it is too! But your card!! I totally glossed over that cute little basket set, and look how sweet it is! Just adorable! Oh dear, I have more things on my wish list...and after looking at the holiday mini, I think I am in trouble!

Laurie Unger said...

That basket is such so cute! Wonderful take on the Fusion challenge this go around!

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! I LOVE the embossed background and that little basket of flowers is so pretty. Gasoline as hand sanitizer? Yuck!! But it probably does work!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I love your sweet basket of flowers and how you added texture to the background with your embossed panel!
Your hubby had a great idea...I can't imagine any virus sticking around after being doused with gasoline :) Also, those 2 guys were very lucky to find a family like yours to help them out like that!

Karren said...

Great story and a wonderful card! That basket of flowers looks so welcoming and I love that texture background.