Wednesday, August 3, 2022

On Point (Sort Of).....FMS547

 




The hippos in this set just make me smile!  I turned the ballerina into a tightrope walker who is having no trouble at all balancing on that festive rope!  I got the Hippest Hippos set this week and wanted to use it right away.  So a quick glance at Judy's sketch and I knew what I wanted to do.  Key words here are......quick glance.  I used dies from Trees for Sale to make the tightrope.  I remembered the three panels across the bottom so I cut three poles and created my scene.  When the card was finished and photographed I looked at the picture and the light went on.......three poles create two panels.......four poles would have made three panels.....sigh....





Have fun with Judy's great sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  I did!


Stamp Sets: Hippest Hippos, Trees For Sale, Kite Delight

Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Seaside Spray

Paper: Basic White, Tea Boutique DSP, Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Linda you were just making that little Hippo work a bit harder to balance - with four poles she could have just hopped from one to the next without that sweet brolly!
So adorable!
=]

stampwithamyk said...

That's way too cute!! Love the little hippo on the tightrope. Perfect!! :)

LeAnne said...

LOL, if you hadn't said anything about the number of panels, I'd have never noticed! That little ballerina steals the show, all the rest is just fluff!

Amy O said...

Yep! I would have done the same thing. But you sure did make a cute card! I love this sweet scene.

Cindy Beach said...

I think poles work great for panels and the tightrope walker is adorable! I agree, she steals the show!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Linda, what a great way to use the sketch, your Hippo is perfect. I would never have thought to do a tight rope walk, wow!

Nancy said...

This is as darling as can be! Very creative!!

Jennie Maier said...

Omg, this is just too cute! I think it fits the sketch perfectly! I may have to case this one!!

Lisa Elton said...

It doesn't matter how many poles or panels she tippy toes across, she's still adorable!

Jen Brum said...

This is such an adorable card! I just love that sweet hippo! A tight rope walking hippo is even cuter! Love this take on the sketch!

Karren said...

Too cute! And regardless of how many panels, this is an adorable card and a clever take on the sketch!