Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Sweet Summertime....FMS640

 



Strawberry season is here in the Northeast so I thought fresh berries would be perfect for our sketch today.  June also means end of the year school activities for those two grandkids. Soccer games and dance recitals on tap for this week!  

Back in the day the Big Guy and I would be packing up the kids and the dogs to head to the lake for the whole summer.  It was great fun but a lot of work!  My son is now up there keeping things going for the summer - much to Will's delight.  We got this picture from him the other morning......




Our boat broke loose during an overnight storm and wound up on our neighbor's rock wall.  Fortunately there was no major damage....and even more fortunately the Big Guy and I didn't have to swim out there to pull it in! (Yes we have done that more than once!) We have handed over the resposibilities to the next generation and are very happy to be daytrippers!

Think in threes for Judy's great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!


Stamp Set: Berry Sweet (Scrapbook.com)
Paper: Poppy Parade, Lemon Lolly, Granny Apple Green, Orchid Oasis, Berry Burst
Ink: Versafine Black


7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

It's one of the best seasons of the year, Linda! I can't wait for some fresh berries! and soon the cherries will ready!
Your card is as fresh and beautiful as the season!
=]

stampwithamyk said...

Perfect summer birthday card! Love the fruit die cuts. Glad that your boat made it through the storm and wandering over to the neighbors house okay. Yikes!!

LeAnne said...

Love your fresh berries....and of course, I love things in THREES so I love the sketch as well! Awesome, yummy card! Oh my goodness about the boat....thankfully there was no damage! John just bought a boat in VA and we are (impatiently) awaiting repairs so we can be on the water soon!

Kim S said...

I love your trio of fruit - the accent flowers and leaves are so fun! And how lucky that you have your fabulous lake get-a-way without all of the work!!

Ida said...

Fun card. It's berry season here right now too. I love strawberries so your card was a hit with me.

Jen Timko said...

A sweet summer card, indeed! What fun. And oh, the benefits of letting the next generation do the hard work and just relaxing!

Cécile RIBON said...

Fabulous card, Linda! So fresh, so happy and so yummy !