Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Family Birthdays - FMS85


It's only the first week in May and we have already celebrated 2 family birthdays so this card has already been delivered.  It has a great retro vibe going thanks to the new Gingham Garden DSP which looks wonderful paired with the small floral image from Fruit and Flowers.  Love that retro look - perhaps because I grew up in the 50's!  Everybody's mom was June Cleaver back then  - it was a great decade!  Thought you'd enjoy this snapshot of a real 50's birthday party.  That's me on the left with the braids helping my cousin (right next to me) - celebrate her 6th birthday,  What is with those bangs!?!?! Yes my mother cut them herself - and it looks like a few other moms had mastered the short bang clipping as well!


                             



                          Narelle's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is terrific in any decade!
                                                   

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Pretty card and I like the gingham circle, but love your photo and the bangs are so cute, great picture from the 50's!

Cindy Hall said...

My bangs looked just like that! :) I hadn't thought of the new DSP being related to our roots, but you're absolutely correct. Now I know why the prints are so appealing to me. I really love the walls in the photo! What were our moms thinking???

Linda Suarez said...

Great card Linda! I love the old photo! I have a few of them myself and I sported those short bangs myself.

Ginger said...

Oh don't you just adore those old photos Linda! Nothing like catching a glimpse from the past! Your card is fun and colorful. Love it!

Jen Mitchell said...

Bright and beautiful! And the picture is priceless!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda,
This is too fun to go retro! I am from the same generation (I think) and I so remember the short bangs, or all day permanent wave that took my mom and aunt to accomplish (one on each side rolling the metal curlers) dabbed with cotton balls, only the wave actually went Fuzzy for a week and then right back to stick straight! OMG... what great memories.

Amy O said...

I love your card, Linda! And I love this gingham paper. Your picture is so fun. I love it!

Jen Brum said...

I love this card!!! It is so cheery and happy! I love the ribbon tails!!! So fabulous! I think I would have preferred the 50's! Life seemed so simple...just the way I would have liked it!!!

Bev Gomez said...

Ha kinda, we all must of had bangs like that. LOL! Darling card and picture. TFS! hugs, Bev

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, Linda! And I, too, was a victim of short bangs. My mom used to run Scotch tape across my forehead, over the hair, in a straight line, so she could cut them straight. And perms...ah, yes...the home perm!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I feel the retro vibe with these papers - you make combining bright colours look so easy! This card is gorgeous as is your fun photo!

Tangles4harmony said...

I love the different patterns in your card. Very fun!