Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pals Retirement Hop



                                         2013mayhop_badge



Welcome to the Pals Annual Retirement Hop!  Many of our favorite images and colors from Stampin' Up! will no longer be available after this month so we are showcasing some retirees one more time!



The Just Believe stamp set remains one of my favorite sets so I paired it with one of my favorite colors - Baja Breeze!  The background image is done in Not Quite Navy and Riding Hood Red provides the pop of color.  All of those ink pads are trekking across my craft room to the retirement shelf as well! The color spritzer sprayed some Baja Breeze on the vanilla panel - subtle but effective.  That spritzer will not make the trek across the room even though it is retiring - I just can't part with it! And since this is the last time I will feature this set on my blog I thought I would go back in time - two years ago actually - and show you the first card I made using images from Just Believe.  Two totally different looks - one great stamp set!





You are on track if you came from Nicole Watt's blog - your next stop is Deb's Stampin' Grounds - enjoy hopping with the Pals - it is great fun!  The complete blog list is below:


  1. Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
  2. Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
  3. Amy Williams at Stampin' on the Range
  4. Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
  5. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
  6. Kari Linder at Stampin' Essentials
  7. nicole watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
  8. Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
  9. Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
  10. Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
  11. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
  12. Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
  13. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
  14. Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought...Cards by Amy
  15. Leslie Davis at Life's Moments
  16. Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
  17. Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
  18. Debbie Mageed at Scrappin' and Stampin'
  19. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
  20. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
  21. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
  22. Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
  23. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  24. Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
  25. Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
  26. Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
  27. Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin' Affair
  28. Shirley Sumption at look at my cute stuff
  29. Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
  30. Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
  31. Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine

18 comments:

Amy O said...

I love this, Linda! The colors are great together. I love the pops of yellow and red, and I love the white panel with color in the middle of the floral image. Very clever and creative! I agree with you -- my color spritzer tool will not be retired in my craft room.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love the way you did this with the piecing, Linda. These colors are great together too. Your first card with Just Believe was gorgeous as well!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Very pretty Linda. I love the red and Baja Breeze.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love this card and the spot lighting technique... I don't use it enough. Fun to see the way the styles of the DTs changed over the years. hugs

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Linda. Absolutely see why you are on a desig team!

Mary Lou and Paul said...

Very pretty cards, Linda! I love how you stamped over the white strip of card stock on the first card!

Elaine said...

Beautiful!!!

Rae said...

Fantastic Linda! My fav is the black card. Both beautiful but so different. TFS!

Anonymous said...

very creative way to stamp the image!
hugs, m

Unknown said...

I LOVE the way you tied the colors of ink and cardstock together! Very creative!! And I do appreciate the different card styles... just shows to go you, how versatile stamping can be! Hugs to Emma, please!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Linda. That's all I can say. Seeing your work is never a disappointment.

Debbie Mageed said...

Yawza, how creative this is! I love your cards! Beautiful!!

Debi said...

Linda,
Both your cards are wonderful, as always. Guess that's why I follow your blog! I think the black card is so striking and can't wait to make something similar. Hope you don't mind if I post a link to your blog on my blog, so my card class friends can check out your cards?
TFS
DebiB
thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

Jen Mitchell said...

That stamp set has always been a favorite although I've been neglecting it lately! Glad you showed us the two cards together. It's fun to see two very diverse cards made with the same set!

Carol Carriveau said...

Both of your cards are wonderfully creative and I just may have to CAS each one of them!

Heather M said...

I JUST/finally got this stamp set, so was sad to see it on the retiring list! Definitely a keeper, though! :) Both of these cards are so pretty... I especially love the second one (the circle stamp is the main reason I got the stamp set LOL)

Just a Thought... said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the paper piecing!! Fabulous colors!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

So Pretty! love how you did this layout!
Hugs
Shirley