Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet Treats............FMS 86





What's not to love about cupcakes?  I love them - my favorite sweet treat for sure!  And speaking of sweet treats have you heard about the fight between Mr. Ding-a-ling and Sno Kone Joe -  our local ice cream truck owners?  It's a turf war with Sno Kone Joe proclaiming he owns this town and Mr. Ding-a-ling needs to get lost. Mr.Ding-a-ling says he has been harassed for months and is afraid of what Sno Cone Joe may do next. It's been all over the news, internet and even Jay Leno and David Letterman have poked fun at the craziness of it all.  Yep - all taking place right here in Gloversville, NY.  As of today Sno Kone Joe has lost his vendor's license and is fighting to get it back as he proclaims his innocence.  Mr. Ding-a-ling is sticking to his story that Sno Kone Joe stalks him and offers free sno kones if need be to lure the kiddos to his truck.  And of course everyone in town has an opinion..............I am sticking to the bakery.......



Amy's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches is a sweet treat too!



15 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Linda, your card is adorable. Hopefully your local "war" will get resolved, and everyone will get their treats. Take care.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi, Linda: I love this card, a step by step cutie. Now, about the "war" between your local ice cream guys.....maybe they should agree to make their rounds on different days of the week?? I hope it gets resolved quickly because soon enough, the kids will be out of school for Summer Vacation and all of them will need a nice cool treat to deal with the heat.

Dawn Tidd said...

Nope, I hadn't heard that, but it's too funny! I love, love, love how you "made" your cupcake! It looks scrumptious!

Jen Timko said...

The bakery is definitely the way to go! How funny is this story??!! Love, love these cupcakes although I think mine go in reverse order, lol!! They certainly don't last long in my house! Thanks for all the kind words, btw. It means the world to me!!!

Linda Suarez said...

What?! That's crazy! I've never been a big fan of cupcake stamps (love the edible ones!) but I am wishlisting these. I think I may finally need them. ;-) Yummy card!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love your cupcake card and I too LOVE cupcakes! Now the Mr. Ding-a-ling and Sno Kone Joe is too stinkin' funny. Be sure to keep us posted! hugs .

Jen Mitchell said...

I had not heard of the troubles plaguing what I'm sure is normally a sleepy little town, but now I'm off to see what Mr. Google has to say about it. First I had to tell you that your sweet cupcakes are quite an homage to Mr. Ding-a-ling and Sno Kone Joe.

Amy O said...

What a sweet card! I love the cupcakes (real and paper), and was quite tickled by your turf war story. I also love your color combination! Great take on the sketch!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love how you show your cupcake construction!

Kim S said...

Wow! Your town is a hotbed of crime and controversy!! I'm with you - the bakery wins every day. I love your bright and cheerful card, but if I were making it, I would be "deconstructing" the cupcake (they don't last long in my house!)

Allisa said...

Your cupcake is too cute!

Cindy Hall said...

I love this card! It gives a whole new meaning to the cupcake builder punch! You are so clever. So sorry to hear that the ice cream vendors are at war. What's next???

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is soooooo clever Linda - the how you've created your cupcake step by step! Amazing how such a small ice cream war has made such big news!

Mary Hogenmiller said...

Linda----
Love your card. So cute the way you BUILT your cupcakes!
Mary

Rita W said...

Linda, you are too much! Hilarious story. I'd take a cupcake over a sno kone any day too. There's a place here that makes pickle flavored ones! I almost threw up just typing that... yuck!

Your card is super fun and now I need a sweet treat. Biscotti will have to do!