Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew: Valentine Free For All





I am delighted to be joining The Stamp Review Crew~!  We have blog hops the first and third Monday of each month and feature one Stampin' Up! set used in oh so many creative ways by our amazing team!  It's a great resource to help you make the most out of your stamp sets!

This week however is a free for all - in a good way!  We all made Valentines so you should find some ideas to use for your own sweet Valentines!  If you arrived here from Bronwyn Eastley's blog I know you have already seen some wonderful designs!






I used a recent photopolymer set called Snuggles and Smooches - perfect for a Valentine or new babies!  The sketch from Cas(e) This Sketch was a guide for my design of cascading hearts stamped in Real Red and Crisp Cantaloupe.






Now you are off to enjoy the creations of my wonderful and oh so talented friend Cindy Beach. Cindy and I worked together one year at Convention - supposedly decorating wooden houses. We finished one and just got the base coat on the other one but did we have a great time chatting! The houses sit on a windowsill in my craft room - still unfinished - as a reminder that quite often stamping is about so much more than stamping!

Enjoy the hop!


                                       

                
                                                                                   
                                                                                   










                                        

20 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Love it! Those hearts look fantastic cascading down the side of your card. Love the colors too! Welcome to the crew!

Yapha Mason said...

What a super cute card, Linda! I love the overlapping hearts. So glad that you joined the Stamp Review Crew!

Rochelle Blok said...

Fantastic card Linda! I love the hearts running down the side of the card. I would never have thought to put Real Red and Crisp Cantaloupe together but they look awesome together. Must try it! Well done on your first SRC Hop!

stampwithamyk said...

Love your "love" card Linda! :) Awesome design, perfect CAS valentine!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Hi Linda. Great to be on the 'crew' with you. Love your bright, bold images and the CAS layout.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Linda, I love what you created with that sketch. I saw the sketch earlier this week and puzzled over it but you ran with it and made a fabulous card! Love the little piece of silver thread. Such a fun detail! I have always loved your work and am so glad you are part of the Stamp Review Crew!

Karren said...

Congrats on your new gig, Linda! This card is fab - the falling hearts look so cool.

Unknown said...

Hi Linda - welcome to the crew! Love your card. Great interpretation of the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the crew Linda! I love your card it's pretty and cute :)
Holly

Anonymous said...

Yay LINDA - so happy to have you on the Crew! I really like your CAS card. The silver bit of twine through the sequin is a clever touch!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I love how you incorporated the sketch and love your colour combo!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Linda, this is lovely take on the sketch!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun collage, Linda! Your placement is spot-on!

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations on joining the stamp review crew! I love the falling hearts. They remind me of those yummy conversation hearts!

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card, Linda! Love what you created for your SRC debut! So glad you are stamping with us!

Unknown said...

This card is really cute. I love the hearts.

WebDeb said...

Welcome, Linda! I love the simplicity of your card, and I am immediately CASEing it for a camp later this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and classy...a signature Linda Callahan card! I LOVE it!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your version of the sketch is wonderful...very smart and creative - and fun!