Thursday, January 15, 2015

What's Not to Love......PPA236

                                       




A card like this just lends itself to writing a blog post about things I love.......like family,puppies and walks on the beach........but I thought I would list a few things I have loved about the past few days instead........

1.  I love that Emma has learned a not quite appropriate word to say when she spills something.......and it is not my fault!

2.  I love that my 89 year old mother is still feisty enough to take matters into her own hands.  After a tooth extraction she was supposed to return to the dentist a few days later to get the stitch out.  It was a cold snowy morning and she called and said,  "Don't pick me up for the dentist - I am not going out in this weather. I am going back to bed and don't worry I took the stitch out myself!"

Yes she did and she is perfectly fine - and we all got an extra hour's sleep!

3.  And I love the fresh new look of our sketches at Pals Paper Arts thanks to resident artists Kerry Willard Bray and Nicole Watt!  Hope you play along!



                                                 PPA236kwb.png

20 comments:

Michelle Gleeson said...

And I LOVE your card.

Dawn Tidd said...

What she said! Your card is absolutely adorable!.271

stampwithamyk said...

That's an awesome card Linda! Love the little hearts hanging from the "l". Great use of the twine too!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I love this card. I don't make many "heart/love" type cards, but I especially love the CAS of this one. The hanging hearts and the twine application is fantastic! Love that! hugs.

PS: LOVE your mom's attitude. Wish my mom was still here, she was so spunky too.

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Hi Linda, Great card...it gets right to the point! I always enjoy your posts and Love the personal spin you put in each. Stay warm!

Unknown said...

Already pinned your card... definitely one of my favorites! Adore the hanging hearts... Adore your list of "loves"... adore that you are a PAL!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

And I LOVE your card! I love how you attached the sentiment with Baker's Twine, I love your dangling hearts and how one is punched, and I love your color choices!!

Ginger said...

Gorgeous card! I love the twine and wording!

Nancy said...

Linda, your card is fabulous love the danglin' hearts but especially the way you anchored the die sentiment, perfect!

Patti said...

OMGosh cute post! and I am loving the way you tied twine around that die cut! brilliant : )

Patti

Jen Mitchell said...

It's the little things, isn't it? And I adore this card. The baker's twine tugging on the die cut sentiment is a fabbo look! Not to mention the hanging little hearts.

Patti MacLeith said...

I love to visit your blog, Linda. Not only do I see a very cute card, I get to experience your humor! Seems like it's in the genes--from one generation to the next, to the next!! ;-)

Rae said...

Not sure which I like best, the card or to post. Great job Linda!

Brenda in IN said...

I love this cute card with the dangling hearts and fun background paper. Your mom and Emmas's story are so funny.

Karren said...

This is such a clever take on the sketch - the wee hearts are just too cute. Your mum is a legend!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Linda! I love the dangling hearts from the sentiment! Hope you have a great weekend!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Beautiful card, Linda! Love your sentiment die-cut/stamping connection!

Michelle Quinno said...

I just LOVE this card! The way you tied the word on with twine is brilliant!

None None said...

Awesome card, Linda! I love the use of the sentiment and the sequins. The use of the twine to anchor the sentiment is a great touch!

I just played along with PPA for the first time in months and didn't realize until after I posted my card that my card is very similar to yours - you must have inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your card, Linda! Those sweet little hearts hanging from the sentiment and the beautiful wrapped up twine...perfection! I love being a part of PPA with you!