Wednesday, May 4, 2016

So Sweet! FMS232





While sorting my stamp sets and moving retired ones to their own shelf I came across a set I have hardly ever used called Countless Sayings.  That big bold sentiment was perfect for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I stamped it on a sponged panel of distress inks spattered with a bit of water.  And then for the umpteenth time I vowed to use ALL my stamp sets more than once......and not just those favorites that seem to get inked daily!  Of course I say that about my closet as well when I vow to wear all the clothes that are hanging in there ........ and not just my favorite jeans and a sweatshirt......





I love my talented friend Jen Mitchell's wide open sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Have fun with it!









9 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome today Linda! Love your layered panels with the sentiment stamped across both. Fantastic! I need to get busy clearing out my stamps too...one task that I don't look forward to. I have a huge pile to purge! :)

Stampingcountry said...

Such a "sweet" card! Like the way your sweet escapes to the panel below.

Dawn Tidd said...

I just came across this set too…cleaning out! I love how you used that big sentiment. It's perfect to go across those pretty sponged panels. And the enamel dots are a perfect finishing touch! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

That sentiment sure is sweet against your sponged background. Are we supposed to make vows to ink up stamp sets more than once? I better not because I think I will fail miserably!

Karren said...

Oooh your sponged background is gorgeous! As is your whole card! And I had to LOL at Jen's comment above about using stamp sets more than once. Too many stamps, not enough time...

Narelle Farrugia said...

Fabulous! I just love your background Linda - so creative and that sentiment is so striking!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Linda! I love that sponged background and the big, bold sentiment! I have so may stamps that haven't seen ink...it's sad! I feel like I just ink up the same stamps over and over again!

Jen Timko said...

What an amazing use of this sentiment! Brilliant!! Those colors are so pretty on your panel!!

Cindy Hall said...

I still can't believe how awesome your "stamping over the border" looks. This is another amazing card, Linda. Love the details.