Wednesday, October 7, 2020

October.....FMS456

 



Where I live in northern New York the first two weeks of October are just ablaze with color - my absolute favorite time of year!  I get outside every chance I get because I don't want to miss one minute of sunshine, blue skies and colorful trees - and because I also know that dreary old November is waiting in the wings!  So I couldn't resist this sweet stamp from Picket Fence called A World of Octobers - it says it all!


And Miss Emma is sporting a couple of fall colors herself after winning two ribbons in her first ever horse show!  We are so proud of her - and that beautiful and oh so patient horse named Joy.....




I love Jen Timko's sweet landscape sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Join us!

Stamp Set: A World of Octobers (Picket Fence)
Ink: Memento Black, Cinnamon Cider, Copics
Paper: Whisper White, Bumblebee, Plaid Tidings DSP

14 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a great card!! I couldn't agree with that sentiment more. :) Loving the leaves starting to turn and the cooler weather!

LeAnne said...

Love this card...what a fun image with the swirling leaves and perfect sentiment. You should be proud of Emma...my sister was a horse nut and I was scared to death of them!

Judy Rozema said...

I love that E's horse's name is Joy! And what a great day for her! Your card is beautiful. I love that set and haven't used mine yet. Better get it out in the next several days before November :)

I Card Everyone said...

I hope to visit Green Gables, one day … shall I pick you up on the way?
LOve your perfect Autumn card … and that little snippet of plaid!
Congrats to Miss Emma!
=]

Amy O said...

I love this sentiment! And I love your cute pumpkin. I've only been up to your neck of the woods during Summertime, but want to visit in the Fall some year. It sounds glorious!

Brian King said...

Isn't that sentiment perfect?! I couldn't agree more! Such a great card and a fun picture of Emma and Joy! Congrats, Emma! ♥

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on the pumpkin and I love the falling leaves! Love the sentiment, too! You're so lucky to live in upstate New York...I live in NJ, and I know that this time of year is breathtaking in your neck of the woods!

Such a lovely photo of Emma...Congrats to her!

Ida said...

Very nice card. I like the leaves swirling around your pumpkin and that great sentiment.

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! LOVING the wonderful pumpkin image and that sentiment ROCKS!! GREAT design!

Jen Brum said...

Oh how I love this card so much!!! I too am glad I live in a world with Octobers (along with Anne of Green Gables!!!). That pumpkin and swirling leaves are just perfect to celebrate the season!

Cindy Beach said...

Congrats to Emma and Joy! Absolutely love your card and that sentiment. Your coloring is beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty fall card Linda! Love the beautiful pumpkin! I use to live in Buffalo 😊

Karren said...

Well, October where I am is Spring, but I can just imagine how wonderful it is in the Northern Hemisphere with the changing leaves. Wonderful card and what an achievement for Emma!

Jen Timko said...

I'm such a fan of fall too! Love this great pumpkin and definitely that sentiment. Also, how is Emma this big?!