Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Making the Day Better! FMS478

 



My earliest memories from the fifties include waking  up to the smell of coffee!  Cups and saucers in wonderful colors were set out for every meal and gathering.  Exactly when did saucers become obsolete and mugs become the cup of choice?!?!  I can still see my mother, aunts and grandmother sipping coffee out of cups very similar to the ones on my card!  Love that retro look!






Jen Timko's great sketch has so many possibilities this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Have fun with it!




It is time for the Spring Coffee Lovers' Blog Hop!  Always so many wonderful cards there for inspiration!
                                                     

                                                                             





Stamp Sets:  Nothing's Better Than (SU), Coffee Talk (Lil' Inkers), Newton Loves Coffee (Newton's Nook)
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Playing With Patterns DSP
Ink: Soft Suede, Memento Black, Old Olive, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather



17 comments:

LeAnne said...

So fun! I love all your coffee cups...and I agree, I prefer a cup to a mug as well!

stampwithamyk said...

Perfect way to use that designer paper! Love those coffee cups, great sentiment too. :)

I Card Everyone said...

My memory involves cups, and saucers, only used during 'company coffee' and a big milky mug of it with my dad almost every day after he came home from work!
Your card is retro-cool, but also reminds me of a set Jane Jetson served daily! So fun!
=]

Amy O said...

These colorful cups are so cute -- I'd pick them over a mug any day! But I don't like coffee... However, I love this adorable card!

Cheryl said...

I love your coffee creation! Great take on the sketch

I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

Cheryl (SheStamps)
Visit my blog - She Stamps

lauren bergold said...

what a pretty card, i love those colorful cups! ♥

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. Great layout, images and sentiment. love the colors too.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so cute, love it

Judy Rozema said...

What a great question. I love a fun retro cup and saucer! Remember how dish sets came with them? Now it's just mugs. I love your fun card and the colors you chose!

Jen Mitchell said...

Cups and saucers were always de rigueur at my house. As a child my grandmother would serve us tea in her special cups. I never realized that we switched to boring mugs until I read this! What a special card :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful with those colorful cups and saucers. I love the die cut Coffee sentiment too.

Jen Timko said...

We always had the saucers too. I just recently got new dishes and gave up on the idea since they were never used. Sigh. Love, love this card! :-)

Jen Brum said...

I just love this card Linda! I love the cups and saucers! I remember going to church lunches and suppers where you always had a cup and saucer! I sure love the smell of coffee but still can't stand the taste!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your colourful retro coffee cups Linda and the striped background paper that just adds to the retro vibe! There is something very civilised about using a saucer and whilst I don't mind a mug, I am very particular about it being made from bone china when I drink tea!

Karren said...

Such a fun card and a perfect sentiment! Those retro cups are so cool!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a pretty fun card! These colorful cups are so cut. Love it! I do still drink coffee out of cups, at home mugs are for tea only!

Kim S said...

I just got this set!! Your card is definitely going into my inspiration folder!