Thursday, September 30, 2021

Fusion: Poppy Door





Wow where did September go?  I am sneaking in one last summery card before I take out all of those leaf....pumpkin....Halloween....stamps.

I finally had to pull out sweatshirts for my morning walks meaning it's time for the bi-annual closet switch. The summer clothes leave my bedroom closet and get put in the spare room closet - not to be seen again until next May!  All of those wintry things then leave the spare room closet and head to the bedroom.  It's a merry dance done twice a year and it always amazes me what I move back and forth but haven't actually worn in years!  Kind of like stamp sets that I absolutely HAD to have that have never seen ink......but I take comfort knowing I am not alone in this dilemma......








I used both the sketch and the picture as inspiration for my card!  I love that splashy door in the photo!  Find something that inspires you at Fusion!



 Stamp Set: Painted Poppies (SU), Loads of Happy(Avery Elle)

Paper: Whisper White, Peaceful Poppies DSP, X-Press It Blending Card

Ink: Memento Black, Copics

Brick Embossing Folder

11 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a pretty card! Love the clean design. And I'm pulling out the long sleeves here too...I'm cold!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I love your panel of pretty poppies, Linda! But OMG do I LOVE that brick!!
=]

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the poppies and the embossed background. TFS

Tristan said...

Your flowers look like they're climbing your embossed wall. Lovely card.

Jen Mitchell said...

I switched out my summer clothes last week. Boo. You can imagine how much I like the winter ones! It's funny that we made basically the same card this week. I swear I didn't peek before I made mine! Yours is quite lovely!

Wanda Cullen said...

Really love the embossed brick detail! Your fusion deign is so gorgeous!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous card, Linda! This white brick-wall background is fabulous and I love those pretty watercolor poppies and the fresh color scheme.

Lynn Hoyt said...

Gorgeous Linda, those beautiful flowers winding up the wall are so perfect.

North Star Stamper, Sue Kremer said...

I love your card! Thanks for the inspiration.

Cindy Beach said...

WOW, those poppies really deserve to see ink, you've displayed them beautifully against the brick layer. Your coloring is gorgeous.
And you are NOT alone, in the dance - whether craft or clothes.

Karren said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The poppies are perfectiong and the brickwork really makes them pop. Fabulous fusion!