Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Thnking of You....FMS102

 



I kept my card super simple this week because I made six of them this afternoon.  The cold hard truth is that at my age I send out a lot of sympathy cards.  But I have learned over the years how important a written note is at such times.  We all love the speed and convenience of a text or Facebook message but there is still something special about getting a card or note in the mail.  

My mother passed away a year ago this week and I remember how much it meant when I got cards in the mail.  She had a great long life and I enjoyed notes that shared a memory of her.  My daughter and I stopped by the cemetery Friday to deliver some flowers in a very special "vase"......oh she did love a Manhattan before dinner!  



Jen Brum has a wide open sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches - have fun with it!



Stamp Set: Many Messages, Hand Penned Petals

Ink: Early Espresso

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Hand Penned DSP

10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful card! The clean design is perfect for a sympathy card. Love the vase for your mom. Perfect! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, that year went by so quickly - well I guess they all do now, don't they?
Someone is going to feel just a wee bit better for receiving this lovely card in their time of sadness.
Your Mom is smiling, my friend - so am I.
=]

Hilda Burton said...

I love your beautiful card and I'm sure it will be comforting to your friends. You are very clever about putting the flowers for your mother in a Manhattan bottle. She is definitely smiling. I agree that as I age the need for sympathy and get well cards grows each year. Enjoy your day!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous Linda! I love that diecut! Pink and gray look so fabulous together! Handmade cards during a hard time can be such a comfort! Thinking about your this week. Those flowers are just beautiful! I also love that vase!

Amy O said...

I wish we didn't have the need for these sympathy cards. This one is clean and beautiful! I hope you've been remembering fond memories of your mom this week. I love the vase and flowers!

Brian King said...

So much love to you, Linda, as you remember your mom this week. This is a beautiful card, and I agree with your statement that the written note is such an important part of the card these days. ♥

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful and you are so right about receiving a hand-written note. I hope that never goes out of fashion. And my father's drink of choice was also a Manhattan. He had a sweet tooth so he liked his made with Southern Comfort :)

Karren said...

This is so very pretty, Linda! Pink and gray is such a gorgeous colour combo. And hugs to you my friend, a year without a loved one can go so slowly and yet so fast at the same time.

Judy Rozema said...

Thanking of you as you remember your mom. I have the same remembrance coming up at the end of the month, and I remember how much I appreciated the cards as well. I love the color combination you used.

Judy Rozema said...

Thinking ^