Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Sweet Citrus....FMS572

 


Strange how you get a card design in your head and when you start things can take a turn!  I knew I wanted to use the new Sweet Citrus set and thought a simple sketch with two circles would be perfect.  I also wanted a soft yellow or blue backdrop so I started sifting through my basket of designer paper.  But when I got to this black and gray check I know I had found my background!  And somehow that reminded me of a diner so I used a brick embossing folder to complete the look.  Cards sometimes seem to just create themselves!



It is my turn to host this week at Freshly Made Sketches - always a fun week seeing what everyone creates with my sketch!  Hope you join us!



Stamp Sets: Sweet Citrus, Sweet Smiles (lawn Fawn)

Paper: Basic White, Ready to Ride DSP

Ink: Memento Black, Just Jade, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo

14 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card! Love those citrus images. Perfect colors! :)

Brian King said...

I love how you got to this combination of paper and embossing folder. SO FUN when cards come together like that. I love the sweet, soft colors against the black-and-grey checks. If this is grapefruit, the sentiment could also say "you're so bitter." :D

I Card Everyone said...

Yes, they do indeed, Linda - and yours came together beautifully! Brick, or subway tile - you definitely brought the diner look to life! But with those oranges - maybe Orange Julius! [oh, my kids loved/miss them!]
=]

LeAnne said...

Fun card...love this layout! It's perfect with your citrus images! But now I want to go to a diner and have a big cheeseburger!

Lisa Elton said...

I see your dinner and it's adorable! Love the citrus, I'm thinking grapefruit! Cute card, Linda!

Cindy Beach said...

I love the way your cards make themselves, Linda - with style! The diner idea is spot on!

lichazul said...

Absoluty beautiful card 🤩💐👏 happy day

Jen Mitchell said...

I love it when an idea starts out as one thing and ends up being something completely different! I see your diner vibe and I love it!

Jen Brum said...

I'm seeing grapefruit! I'm obsessed with grapefruit right now so it's a win for me! Love the brick background and the checker paper! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Well great minds were thinking alike this week! Love your big, juicy grapefruit and the great textured background! Thanks for a fun sketch, Linda.

Kim S said...

Such a fun sketch you created - and I adore what you did with it!! I think the black/gray is perfect behind your fruit!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous and unusual card Linda! I enjoyed reading about your thought processes and really love the sketch you came up with. Vicky x

Karren said...

Thanks for such a great sketch! And your card is just gorgeous - the brickwork adds wonderful texture without taking away from that fab citrus!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Loving this cad and those images you've used!