Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Back Porch - FMS593

 



Way back in 1978 we moved into the colonial house we still live in today.  I have always loved this house even though it is in the city limits and not in the country as I would have liked.  But the Big Guy wanted no part of wells and septic tanks and huge lawns so city life it was.  He promised to build me a porch since the back door opened to just three steps down into the yard. And one day he just started building......




Honest there is nothing better than a porch! Neighbors stop by and chat.....Pepper guards the neighborhood and I am often on the porch reading .....or typing blog posts!  So the Lazy Days set from Stampin' Up! was a definite for me when I saw it!




Karren has a great sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  She made a bridge card from her sketch and urged us to try one. Yikes.....I am a CAS gal but I gave it a go.  I am not exactly an accurate measurer!  (I never could have built a porch!)  So in all the years I have made cards this is my first Bridge Card ever....and probably my last...lol.... You do whatever you like with our sketch this week! Enjoy!


Stamp Set: Lazy Days (SU!), Hello Summer (TE)

Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Misty Moonlight, Pecan Pie

Paper: Garden Green, Basic White, Pecan Pie

9 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Love your card! It does look just like your back porch. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a great guy to build you your porch and it sounds like you enjoy it very much! Your porch card is incredible. I love the inviting scene you've created!

Jeanne H said...

Lucky you having that porch! Love it and your card is just perfect. :-)

Jacquie Southas said...

I adore this porch scene which is so perfect for a bridge card! I'm also extremely envious of your real porch. I love my back patio, but wish we had more front porches in our neighborhood.

I Card Everyone said...

Bravo to you, Linda AND to the Big Guy for creating porches on which I would love to while away an entire day!
Hello GORGEOUS card!
=]

LeAnne said...

I think you did yourself proud with this lovely fun-fold card! What a sweet scene! You've inspired me to try one too, although it will not be as special as this one!

Kim S said...

Your first and only bridge card is absolutely amazing!! LOVE your porch scene especially when it is so perfect for your real life!

Amy O said...

What a sweet scene! I love your porches and I wish I could come by and share a glass of lemonade with you on your porch (mine would not be comfortable in this heat).

Karren said...

Well done, you! Your bridge card (or should I say "porch card") is absolutely fantastic. You did a superb job on this and I loved your story about your porch!