Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happy New Home....FMS209






My daughter needed a "Happy New House" card so I used a house from last year's Holiday Home and set it in front of those majestic trees from Wonderland. 

And I have had a few questions recently about my own house - specifically about my kitchen remodel. Such a long story......and it is not over yet but I can see the finish line. The workers (my son-in-law, my husband and me) started in mid-April and by the end of May the kitchen was functional. But those workers became way too interested in summertime fun and preferred boating on the lake in their spare time - instead of finishing up the kitchen.

Thank Heavens it rains a bit in the summer so my son-in-law tiled the backsplash and the big guy painted the walls.  But that gal in charge of window treatments and picking out a new kitchen set still hasn't gotten around to it.  She is always disappearing upstairs mumbling something to the other workers about having to make a card or two.

So what else is left to do?  The crown molding is ready to go but not installed.  The walls are empty and the pantry doors need painting.  The pressure is on to get everyone going again before the snow flies.  Once there is snow on the ground those boaters turn into skiers and any finishing touches will have to wait until mud season in April!

Here's a peek at my tiled backsplash - it is way more icy blue in real life than in the picture!






So if your kitchen is all cozy and finished you have time to join us at Freshly Made Sketches!  I love Jen Brum's wide open sketch this week!


                                               

19 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

You just can't get dependable help these days! Lol. Your card is adorable! Love those pines in the background and the sentiment coming from the chimney.

Unknown said...

This is the cutest card! I love how you put the trees in the back and then popped the bright red house in front. Love the smoke message coming out the chimney. I might have to rethink getting the Wonderland set. I can't tell you the number of times I have seen one of your cards and then had to have that stamp set. You are so creative and Iove your work! Good luck with finishing your kitchen.

stampwithamyk said...

Loe your card! That little house with the sentiment coming out the chimney is too cute and the background trees are awesome. Your kitchen is beautiful! Can't wait to see it when it's all done...thinking that I might hire your group of "workers" to do a few remodels around my house! :)

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful card,Linda!! I love the trees in the background and how you did the sentiment!! Fun!!

Heather said...

Love this card, Linda - perfect arrangement for the little house!

DebbieG said...

Linda, this card is absolutely adorable. Love how you stamped the trees from Wonderland in the background. This is the best card I have ever seen for Happy New Home. Thank you for sharing Debbie G

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Another wonderful card from Linda C! Always think of you as I pass "Callahan" on my road trips to FLA. Love how you used the house with the trees- and the smoke- c'mon, Linda- is there no end to your awesome creativity? LOVE:)

Karren said...

I'd be inclined to fire that gal who's meant to be working on your kitchen. Fancy putting card-making ahead of anything else ;) This particular card-making, however, was worth a delay to the kitchen! Love this little scene and your house looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

Such a cozy card. Karen x

Kelly S. said...

This is such a sweet card, I love how cozy it is with the "Happy New Home" coming out of the chimney! That backsplash looks amazing!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love your card. I also need a New Home card and I just LOVE the way you made the sentiment into smoke. How clever you "always" are!

Love your kitchen tiles .... very cool. I know the "type" of tile that is, so I can imagine the colors of ice blue.... very pretty.
Hugs

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card Linda! I just love that house and the trees in the background! Great colouring! Love the new kitchen as well! Looking awesome!

Jen Mitchell said...

Whatever you do don't leave those workers a bad review on Angie's List, especially the gal who is in charge of the window treatments. It will come back to haunt you!! Hopefully before the snow really starts to fly you can get everything back to rights.

Agi said...

Beautiful 'New Home' card, Linda! The sentiment in the smoke is such a good idea! I like the red house, too.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

LOVE your backsplash and story! Super fun and cute way to use the stamps for this one! :)

Greta said...

What a darling scene you created!

Kim S said...

And that is exactly why I never, ever do any home remodeling!! I'd be in a constant state of disrepair because I'd never finish! And my husband is worse than I am.

I LOVE your card. The tall trees behind the little house are wonderful. And I love the way you have done the sentiment!

Jen Timko said...

Love your little red cottage! And what a fun use of the sketch. Now, that backsplash. I am totally envious....remind me to show you a picture of some tile in my basement though. Really wish I had the guts to redo the kitchen!!

Shantelle said...

I love the card! Such a great design. Puffs of smoke from a chimney always make me think of a happy home. That design totally nails how a home should feel. The kitchen looks so great and I'm sure when it gets finished it will be even more amazing. Send your remodel team my way when they finish your place.

Shantelle @ Tiffany Hanken Design