Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Dreamers Gotta Dream.........FMS294





This is my life......forever trying to sneak time in an Adirondack chair to read. But there is always something going on in this family of ours!  This past weekend the Big Guy and Emma's daddy put up her new swingset....which she calls her playground.  It was quite the event.  I'm not sure if the language of the builders was always playground appropriate but hey they worked ten hours for free!  My daughter was the gopher and I provided lunch.....and we both wrangled puppies!



The pups were eventually banished to the playhouse.....even though they preferred to be underfoot!







I love the sweet square sketch my friend and talented Artisan Jen Timko designed for us this week!  Hope you join us at Freshly Made Sketches!



Stamp Sets:  Bike Ride (SU!) My Sunshine (SSS) Blissful Butterflies (Pretty Pink Posh)
Die Cuts: Seasonal Layers(SU!) Stitched Layers (SU!)
Ink: Distress, Soft Suede, Black, Berry Burst, Flirty Flamingo
Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome card Linda! Love that sentiment. What a cool play set! Those poor puppies...so misunderstood. ;)

LeAnne said...

LOVE this...what a great sentiment and I can sympathize with "no time to read". I finally got time to read last night before bed and I almost cried...I had read my last library book...NOTHING TO READ! The horrors of it! So I know where I am headed today! Anyway, your card is divine, a lovely mix of soft, subtle colors, just love it! And the playground is amazing! Ours is ready for the burn pile, it's pretty sad. Our whole yard is pretty sad this year! :(

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love your card and how you used this sentiment. That Adirondack chair is jus the best ever! I use mine all the time now.
What a great play-set for Emma, however... I DO remember those days and trying assemble those crazy swings... OMG! Never again for me.
As I recall the charm of actually having a swing didn't last as long as my sore back!
PS: Love the peeking pups.
Hugs.

Dawn Tidd said...

Good luck with your escape! Your card makes it really tempting to try that myself. Love the stack of books by the chair…perfect with that sentiment! No wonder Emma calls that a playground, it looks like fun!!!

Amy O said...

I love the scene you've created! Sitting in an adirondack chair and reading a book sounds lovely. Of course, I would need to do it up in your yard, as it doesn't sound very appealing in our 95 degree heat. :)

Lynn Hoyt said...

What a sweet fun card Linda! And those puppies! Love your little stories.

Karren said...

I'll come join you in that relaxing scene you've created - it's freezing here. I'm over winter already! But your gorgeous card did make me feel warm, so thank you :) And those pups are too cute - hope they didn't chew everything to bits in the playhouse?

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is such a cool card! Makes me want to be relaxing on that chair on a holiday!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Linda! I love that chair and the stack of books! Great sentiment too! Love the colours in that square! So pretty! We had a similar structure when the boys were little...there were some frustrated moments during the construction. But, labour was free!!!

Jen Timko said...

I'm ready to join you....got extra chairs??? Love the colors on your background.

Marisa said...

Absolutely darling card!! Love the white chair and how it pops against the kraft and beautifully shaded focal panel.

Jen Mitchell said...

I don't have an adirondak chair but I do have a new beach chair I need to break in. I've got a Kindle (apologies to your librarian sensibilities) so I'm ready to sit and start reading. And as luck would have it I love dogs so the pooches are a welcome addition! IKEA is nearby (don't forget) so we could make a fun weekend for sure!

Kim S said...

I'd swear you made this card just for me!! Always trying to sneak some quiet time with a good book in which to lose myself! LOVE the soft colors and the bitty butterflies.