Sunday, July 16, 2017

Stamp Review Crew: Seaside Shore









I surprised myself when I bought this stamp set. I thought it was cute and I do love the ocean.  So why was I surprised?  Well I'm not a fish fan - don't want to see them, touch them, smell them or eat them!  I sit with my back to the aquariums in waiting rooms!  My poor kids grew up without a goldfish or two.  And when I go in the lake I keep telling myself that there are no fish in the lake...none at all....hah! Maybe this fear comes from a crazy fish we had in our aquarium when I was young. It was a big catfishy looking thing that lived for years. My father loved his fish tank and especially that fish.  Every now and then it would launch itself out of the tank and land on the carpet next to the couch....true story!  My father would laugh and plop it back in the tank until the next time.  I confess to saving that thing twice because no one else was in the living room.  But good fortune doesn't last forever......one day it launched itself into an empty living room......



If you have just viewed Kelly's wonderful work you are right on track!  If not head on back.....



But if you are going right in order Mickey and her terrific creations are next!



Stamp Set: Seaside Shore
Ink:  Dapper Denim, Calypso, Watercolors, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Watercolor

14 comments:

Juana Ambida said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love the nautical colours and all the details are gorgeous. That catfish sounds scary lol. :)

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet! Love your little fish, perfect colors and design! :)

Kelly Kent said...

Fantastic story Linda - after hearing that I'm very surprised you bought this set!!! But the fish here are super cute - just like your card! Kelly x

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Such a cute card! I had no idea you didn't do fish. You have so many photos on the shore....
Now you fish story... you just can't make that stuff up! Hugs

Mickey Roberts said...

What a great fish story, Linda! Too, too funny! We had many aquariums both growing up and with my own children and it always freaked me out when the fish jumped out of the aquarium. And those catfish looking fish were seriously ugly--but did such an important job in the aquarium. Thanks for having the courage to buy the stamp set. Obviously, paper fish are the fish you can be comfortable with. Love the beautiful scene!

Kathy Bolam said...

Hi Linda, laughed myself silly reading your story of your father's launching fish😂 I don't know which I love most, your card or your story. Yeah, both!

Anonymous said...

A fish jumping out of the water?! I don't think I would want to be around them, either! ;)
Nice layout on your card and such a fun color combination, too.

Tanya Boser said...

Well, for someone who does not love fish, your card sure has a lot of them! Really cute ones, at that :) I always love your stories, and the launching fish made me laugh out loud!

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, your story made me chuckle. Noooo, there are no fish at all in Sacandaga! Your card is fabulous... the pearly sequins are the perfect touch!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable story, Linda! And an adorable card, too! The background is awesome!!! Love the bubble accents!

Karren said...

Super sweet fish card, Linda. Such great colors! And I can't say I blame you for not being a fish fan when they launch themselves out of the tank! My son and his room-mates found one in the driveway of his house one morning - his house in the middle of the city with no water around! They called it Driveway and put it in the bath :)

Rita W said...

lol For someone who loves the lake, I'd never guess you didn't like fish! That's the whole point of going to a lake for us. Now I'll have to send you occasional fish cards just for fun. :)

Dawn Tidd said...

What a fish tale! I love this card and it's fish. The sequins make great bubbles too. I feel the same way about fish! I do go into the Atlanta Aquarium now without having a panic attack!!

Cindy Beach said...

Such a pretty card, love the soft background, Linda!
I don't mind fishing or holding fish even. And this stamp set is one of my SU faves. Great job using it and of course, I love the story!