Thursday, July 6, 2017

Fusion: Sand, Beach....and Sunshine!







Those summery beach signs were my inspiration for my card today.  We are a long way from the nearest ocean but luckily "our" lake is nearby!  We search for flat rocks to skip instead of seashells and float on big old tractor inner tubes instead of surfboards. OK so no fresh seafood but wood grilled pizza and barbecued ribs taste good too! Our sandy beach is smaller but there is plenty of lawn for softball, volleyball and rolling tube races.  It takes a lot of talent.....and a lot of crazy.....to climb into the hole of the tube and let your friends roll you across the lawn, over the sand and into the lake.  

But in the meantime there is something wonderful about being the only person lakeside after the holiday weekend is over......no kids, no dogs, no boats.......just me and my book of the week :)







I took my cue from the beachy photo at Fusion this week. Hope you play along using the sketch, the photo or both!




The fun sketch at Global Design Project this week reminded me of the beach signs so I used it for my card!


                                       


Stamp Sets: Sending Sunshine (Wplus9), My Sunshine (SSS)
Inks: Black, Distress Oxide
SU Stripes Stencil
Paper: Whisper White, Wood Textures DSP

7 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card Linda! Love the colors and your sentiment is perfect! Hanging out at the lake by yourself after a busy weekend sounds perfect to me! :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute, cute, Linda! I love those colors, great use of the inspiration sign. The wood background look great too. I hope you had a restful day and read lots!

Becca Cruger said...

I just love how those inks layer over one another. Super cool!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, Linda! You have me ready to pack my bags to come and join you with my book so we can both sit by the lake and enjoy the quiet after everyone has left! You painted the perfect scene. :-) I love your card, lovely colours and gorgeous CAS design.

Claire said...

Thanks for the welcome Linda - sounds like a lot of fun by your lake! Love how you've been inspired by the pic and the GDP sketch...perfect DP for that background and brilliantly CAS!

Karren said...

Great idea to take the signs and use them for stripes in the background! Fabulous card, Linda!

Kim S said...

Sounds like a perfect time - both with a busy family and alone with a book! I believe those simple pleasures are what our kids/grandkids need the most. (We've done a lot of minnow-catching and racing tennis balls down streams!)

The card shows it perfectly. The simple layout, the wooden background and the fresh colors!!