Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Follow Your Art.....FMS384





I joined Stampin' Up! after I retired from teaching over ten years ago.  And in those ten years I have followed my art all over this country going to some amazing stamping events.  It has been great fun!  Last weekend I went to Quebec for a Stampin' Up! OnStage gathering. Erin, Emma and I drove north across the border for a three day adventure in Quebec. 

On Saturday Erin and Emma set off to the aquarium while I headed to OnStage with a delightful demo from Ottawa that I met at breakfast.  Always fun to connect with other demos!  We got a sneak peek at the new catalog and a chance to play with some new sets.  My card today uses an image from an upcoming set called It Starts With Art that we played with during a Make 'n Take session.  However I am more of a Talk 'n Taker than a Make 'n Taker so I always have to bring projects home to finish!  




We took a wonderful carriage tour of the walled city in Quebec.






It is my turn to host this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Follow your art and have fun with the sketch! Can't wait to see what you create!



Stamp Set:  It Starts With Art
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Follow Your Art DSP
Ink: Memento Black, Stampin' Blends

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Love what you did with the make & take kit! Fun colors and design! Glad that you enjoyed your time north of the border too! :)

LeAnne said...

What a fun new set to highlight...and I could never finish my make 'n takes either!! YAKKING, always yakking! I am glad you and your family were able to take the trip together, what fun! Great sketch, can't wait to play!

Judy Rozema said...

Well how fun that you were able to attend OnStage! The new catalog looks amazing!! I have a huge list already for June!
Love your sketch this week and your fun art card!

I Card Everyone said...

It's wonderful that your daughter, and Emma could travel with you, Linda! Congratulations on your 10th year with SU... hope they honored you in some way.
Your card is darling! These spools of ribbon are wonderful - as is the coordinating paper I see peeking there!
=]

Amy O said...

What a fun trip! And what a fun card and sketch. I love these colors together.

Sharon H. said...

Love the sketch layout and your card is a wonderful interpretation. Your photos of Quebec reminded me of my trip there a few years ago. Thank-you for refreshing my memory! Congrats on your 10 years with SU!

Brian King said...

So glad you were able to spend time in Quebec. Love the photos! This is a great card - that textured background is EVERYTHING here. Love these spools of ribbon in this set. ♥

Lynn Hoyt said...

Wow Linda, you went to Quebec for Onstage. How cool. Love your card too. I'll see if I can get one done this week especially since it's your week.

Jen Mitchell said...

Sounds like a great time! I always love stamping with friends! I love the colors of your card and this looks like a fun set!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Linda! I just love those ribbon spools and the textured background! Great sentiment too! Glad you liked Quebec City. We lived just outside Montreal many moons ago. Beautiful area!

Jacquie Southas said...

Such a great card for a creative friend! Love the blue skies, but it is looking a little cold in Quebec!

Jen Timko said...

Love seeing this new set and such fun coloring! Yeah, I never finish things at an event. I'm apparently the slowest stamper ever. Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

Karren said...

Great sketch and a wonderful card! Those ribbon spools are too cute!