Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Three R's......FMS382





I rarely go anywhere without a book in my bag......and if I am headed to the airport there are usually two in my bag! But if I am headed to a place like this scene on my card I pack a whole separate bag just for books.....the perfect vacation! 

Even Benny loves a good book!






Jen Timko's sketch gives you plenty of room for a scene or a large image - have fun with it!  Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!


 
Stamp Sets:  Beach Happy, Waterfront,  Our Story (MFT)
Ink:  Pool Party, Early Espresso, Calypso Coral, Call me Clover, Lemon Lime Twist, Pineapple Punch, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake
Paper: Calypso Coral, Whisper White



12 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

There's no better place to read than on the beach! I do the same thing and take a bag full of books along whenever we go to the beach. Your beach scene has me longing for waves! It looks like the perfect spot to read.

Brian King said...

Such a fun card, Linda! I love the way you've layered the panels - brilliant! Such a fun combination of sets to create the exact scene you wanted to create. Love it!

Amy O said...

I absolutely love this card! What a fabulous scene! I want to go there right now and read the big stack of books on my to-read list.

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome! Perfect spot to sit and read a few good books. Great design and perfect colors. :)

Marlene said...

Love the palm tree technique. This is a lazy day summer type of card. Super job!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Love the scene of course, I'm a beach girl, but the sentiment sounds perfect. Wonderful card Linda.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Linda! I love the raised panel and your two-toned stamping on the palm tree is stunning!
How nice that you're such an avid reader :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Fun card! What I wouldn't give to be sitting on that beach chair right about now! I love how you popped up the scene on this!

Jen Brum said...

This is such an amazing card Linda! I'm dreaming that I'm there in that chair right now!!! Just love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda we just arrived home from our Spring break... you'd think it would be warm and toasty in North Carolina, right? WRONG! Needless to say, there was a bit of reading - which is great for me, too!
LOve your darling reading nook, and this sweet little pile of books!
=]

Karren said...

Great scene card and what a great idea to have the images across both panels - it adds so much interest. And I am 100% in favour of that sentiment!

Kim S said...

I totally agree - an entire bag is required. You can't run out and you have to be sure you have the right for the mood!! Benny's book was one of my kid's favorites too!!