Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Dog Tales.....FMS526

 



We have always been a dog family and over the years there have been so many - each one with their own personality!  My daughter presently has two Havanese pups.  One is very shy but the smaller one is noisy and oh so brassy.  Erin shared this story on Facebook yesterday about Benny - the little one who is fearless.  It made me laugh out loud - enjoy!


🐶 I keep a cup of water on my nightstand … and often have a drink at some point in the night. 😴
🐶 Just now, as I’m trying to fall asleep, Benny walks across the top of my pillow, leans over and takes a nice, long drink from said cup. It must’ve been especially tasty tonight, as it had ice and a lemon slice too. 🍋
🐶I’m a little stunned at how nonchalantly he just did this … so my question now is, how many years have I been unknowingly sharing my bedside drinks with the dog? Ugh! 🤢
(Picture from last night, on the couch, where he leaves my beverages alone!)






                   I love this pup on the stack of books!  





Amy's sketch is wide open this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Have fun with it!




Stamp Set: All Booked Up (Newton's Nook)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Sunshine and Rainbows DSP
Ink: Memento Black, Copics


12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not going to lie - yes, I'm gagging just a little bit - but who could deny that face anything?
Almost as cute as the one on the stack of books!
=]

stampwithamyk said...

Hahahahahaha! Yeah, that's pretty icky and I'm sure that was the first time that the dog had done that. ;) Such a cute card! Love the little puppy on the books, perfect sentiment too! :)

Brian King said...

Let's talk about how adorable this card is! The mix of patterns and sweet images are perfect for a retired librarian I know. Let's not talk about the fact that your pup drinks out of any and all cups sitting around. All of them. :)

Judy Rozema said...

This is the cutest pup! I love Benny too!

Amy O said...

I love this sweet pup, and the stack of books resembles what's sitting on my nightstand right now. Benny is adorable too, despite his table manners.

Cindy Beach said...

I'm not gagging, I am chuckling out loud! Benny'd better learn better manners, but he sure is adorable! So is your card.

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is just too cute! I love that pup and his stack of books! Your colouring is fantastic and I love that sentiment! Sprite drinks out of water cups if you leave them around. She often knocks them over though because she doesn't have great coordination. I have learned not to leave cups of water around or I know I'll be sharing them with the cat!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh no, I wouldn't want to guess how many ~ ICK!! He's pretty darn cute though, just look at that innocent face. Darling card too. Love the big stack of books!

Celeste Goff said...

Benny is a little cutie and so is your sweet card! I would start putting a lid on your cups. LOL

Karren said...

What a great story! Got to admit, I would do a lot of things for my dog, but probably not share my drink :). Lucky they're so cute. And speaking of, this card is just adorable and such a great take on the sketch.

Jacquie Southas said...

I laughed out loud at the nonchalance of the pup thinking it was his water. Fun design, Linda!!

Kim S said...

Fun card and even funnier story!!