Wednesday, March 2, 2022

No Worries....FMS525

 




This card is headed to my favorite cousin.  We grew up next door to each other in a small village and saw each other almost every day.  We played outside as much as we could and one of our favorite things to do was swing - especially on a big old tire swing my dad hung from a tree in our side yard.  It was a simple carefree time in our lives for sure.........I am grateful for those days!









So many possibilities with Karren's sketch this week!  I stretched it a bit and made a slimline version! Hope you join us at Freshly Made Sketches!


Stamp Sets: Tire Swing (Stamping Bella), Life Is Beautiful (SU), Get Grounded (Ink Blot Shop), Bon Voyage (Lawn Fawn), Sentiment from Hero Arts
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Memento Black, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Copics
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Friendly Hello DSP
Metallic Butterflies (SU)

8 comments:

Brian King said...

Absolutely adorable! These images are perfect on a Slimline card - and your coloring is fantastic (as always). I know your friend will love this card. ♥

stampwithamyk said...

What a sweet image! Love the design and that cute little one swinging is perfect for spring! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, I wish I'd lived on the other side - I'm sure we would have been besties! this is just a darling tribute to your cousin .. is this you, or her? either way she is adorable - as is your darling use of this sketch!
=]

Judy Rozema said...

Such a fun card! She seems so happy on her swing! So cute!

Amy O said...

What a sweet card! I love it when our stamping collection helps us create such meaningful cards for those we love -- you cousin will be touched by this one I'm sure.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I just love that tree swing! It's so cute! Your colouring is fabulous! Sounds like you and your cousin had an amazing childhood!

Jen Timko said...

Such a sweet scene! I just love everything about it.

Karren said...

How clever of you to make a slimline card! These images are adorable and I love the story behind it!