Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Chillin'.....FMS636

 



The trees have their leaves back and the spring flowers are blooming so it won't be long until we are hanging out at the lake! That is definitely what I was thinking about when I made this card.   

The DSP I used as my backdrop is from a new SU! set called Country Woods. All the sheets of paper have lovely woodgrain designs on them. But there was just something different about this sheet and somehow it made its way onto my beach card.  I think it looks just like the spot where the sand meets the water on a beach. So it worked perfectly on my card!







I love Cecile's fun sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches! So many possibilities!  Have fun with it!


Stamps: Beach Hut Set (SSS)
Paper: Petal Pink, Country Woods DSP
Ink: Memento Black, Copics






7 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card! Love the beach images and the woodgrain background s perfect! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Your beach or mine?? What a gorgeous and clever way to create a sandy beach, Linda! Super fun beachy elements!
=]

Kim S said...

That's my kind of beach - beautiful but not crowded!! LOVE the paper and the colors you used on each component!

Lisa Elton said...

That paper does look beachy! Terrific card, Linda!

Karren said...

Oh this is very clever! Such a genius way to incorporate the sketch into your fabulous card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That paper does work really well for a beachy scene Linda - love your take on the sketch too. Roll on summer for sure!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! I'm love with your super happy beach scene and, by the way, it also makes a super creative take on the sketch !