Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Holiday Sounds......FMS313








I love these jingle bells and I try to use them on a card or two every Christmas!  So when I saw Karren's sketch this week I knew just what to put in the corners!  The sound of jingle bells is one of my favorite wintry sounds!

Another one of my favorite sounds is this girl reading aloud!  All of a sudden things have started clicking and she learns new words every day.  Go Dog Go is the first book she read aloud on her own.....



A fitting title that seems to keep the attention of her favorite audience.....









My inkmaster friend Karren Johnson has a delightful sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you play along!

                                                  

Stamps: Sentiment from Hero Arts October 2017 kit
Paper: Whisper White, Glimmer Paper (SU), Merry Music DSP
Ink: Versamark
Li'l Inkers Jingle Bells

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Love those glittery jingle bells!! Great take on that sketch. And too cute with her book, I'm sure that the puppies loved hearing her read it. :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Those bells and stars are perfect and I love that background DSP you used with them! Emma should be proud of herself with her reading. Soon she'll be joining you in a chair with a nook at camp!

Jan said...

Yes the bells are darling, but Emma is priceless. She looks like Disney's SnowWhite Princess.

Unknown said...

Your card made me smile! Music and bells are perfect together. Snow falling here in the Adirondacks, so winter is on its way!

Brian King said...

Now, that's some jingle jangle fun! I love the sentiment right in the middle of the Designer Series Paper and these shiny bells!

I Card Everyone said...

ring a, ding ding, Linda! gorgeous!
I'll never forget my own first-read book... Billy Goat goes to School! thanks for sharing your granddaughter's accomplishments with us... nothing better than reading ... well after card making, that is!
xx

Karren said...

Your card is as beautifully accessorised as Miss Emma! Those jingle bells are gorgeous and work perfectly with the background.

Lynn Hoyt said...

What a beauty wrapped in black music and glimmer DSP! And a fun sketch.
Gotta say, beautiful child and such adorable dogs.

Jen Brum said...

This is a gorgeous card Linda! I love the musical background and those sweet and sparkly jingle bells! So fun! What a beautiful Christmas card! I also love that Emma is learning to read! Wasn't she just 2 the other day?!! When did she grow up?!

Amy O said...

You rock the jingle bells (sorry, it was the music dsp that made me think of that). I love this card with it's sparkly fun, and seeing that Emma is a reader makes me smile. May she have a lifelong love for books.

Jen Mitchell said...

I forgot that I want those jingle bells! They look fantastic and will automatically make the recipient of this break into song!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow ! This is such a fabulous and cheerful card, Linda! Love those jingle bells and stars over the gorgeous music paper!

Chrissy Larson said...

I just love this awesome card and was so excited to see it on the You Made It Monday post on the Lil' Inker Designs blog.