Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Classic Christmas.....FMS315, GDP116, FabFri126







I love the pop of an unexpected color!  Lemon Lime Twist adds a fun look to classic Christmas colors!  We enjoy classic Christmas traditions around here but sometimes the unexpected makes the holiday memorable.......

"Remember the year Dad gave you a waffle iron for Christmas?  And you hated it??"  (Cooking is not my favorite sport.)

"Remember the year it snowed two feet and no one could come except Gram and Pop but we had the best time anyway?"  (We are such snow babies!)

"Remember the year the new kitchen sink didn't arrive on time and we carried all the dirty dishes upstairs to the bathtub?"  (16 for dinner and I refused to use paper.....what was I thinking?)

"Remember the year Michael made us all watch Bad Santa and Gram kept shrieking at all the bad parts?"  (She loved it!)

"Remember the year you told us you had a strange dream about Uncle Ed (who lived 3000 miles away in California) and then the phone rang with news that Uncle Ed had died during the night?  (Cue the Twilight Zone music!)

You get the idea!  I wish you a classic holiday season with a few surprises along the way!  And so it begins!



Amy's delightful sketch is perfect to use when you want to spotlight a sentiment!  Hope you join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!






Global Design Project is featuring a Christmas Joy Theme this week!




And Fab Friday's Color Challenge worked for me!

                                     

Stamp Sets: Smitten Mittens, Carols of Christmas, Snowflake Sentiments
Paper:  Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, Quilted Christmas DSP

15 comments:

Amy O said...

I love this traditional card with the little pop of lemon lime twist. The silver glimmer paper adds a festive touch too. Still giggling about your Christmas memories -- especially the dishes in the bathtub one.

Amanda Mertz said...

What a great traditional card with a pop of untraditional! The LLT mittens are a great accent. I bet it is so sparkly in real life with your glimmer paper layer too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

I Card Everyone said...

Are you sure we're not related? I would love to be a part of your classic family!
Gorgeous card, too, Linda ... love the quilted design paper - or is it embossed?
=]

stampwithamyk said...

Love your card! The design is just perfect and it fits with those colors so well! Love hearing your Christmas stories...I would love to me Gram on day. I think that she and I would get along great! ;)

Brian King said...

Such a great card, Linda! Love how you've combined THREE challenges for this sweet-and-simple card. Love it! Love the "remember when"s, too. <3

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the sparkle peeking out and the sweet little mittens! Your stories are the best Linda! You truly do need to write a book!!! It would be a best seller!!!

Heather said...

This card is WONDERFUL! I think this is one of my fave sentiments this year, and you've combined so many little details (and THREE challenges, wow!) perfectly! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Love this card Linda. While it seem simple, that DSP makes it so special. I get so set going in one direction I forget I have other stuff. Maybe I just have too much stuff..... Nah.

Kim S said...

What a great mix of memories!! Your season is clearly "wrapped in the warmth" of family!! (And I totally agree with the Lemon Lime look!!)

Lucille K said...

Wonderful Christmas card, Linda. I like the lemon lime twist :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Those sure are some great Christmas memories! Just think of the fun ones you'll create now and in the future! And that's a great Christmas card. I love the subtle print on the background paper and you are completely right that the Lemon Lime Twist adds just the right pizzazz to otherwise traditional Christmas colors.

Karren said...

Such a great post! And that card is just gorgeous on every level! Fabulous papers, colors and images.

Judi said...

Great card and love your memories.

Jen Timko said...

Those funny little moments are the best (although not always at that time, lol). What a fun card and I do love that pop of Lemon Lime and that bit of sparkle too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! The images you've used are perfect for the sketch Linda and the hint of sparkle is wonderful for a festive card.