Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Winter Plans.......FMS311






And just like that it is November!  Time to get serious about building up the Christmas card stash (my goal is 75!) and holiday shopping.  The Big Guy has winterized the boat, put it in storage and is now studying the latest ski magazines. Never to early to plan winter adventures!  The weather is a major topic of discussion around here as we watch the sky for those first flakes.  First snow is always exciting - that last storm in March not so much!  Kind of like making Christmas cards - the first few are such fun to make but by number 58 (give or take) you are so ready to make a Valentine!





I love my talented friend Jen Brum's versatile sketch this week!  Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!


Stamp Sets: Ready for Christmas, Sentiment from Hero Arts October Kit
Ink: Garden Green, Versamark
Paper: Whisper White, Woodgrain DSP, Quilted Christmas DSP,Gold Foil, Christmas Around the World DSP

11 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

What a cute card! Love your sequins on your tree and the little DSP gifts are perfect! :)

Brian King said...

The packages by the tree are a perfect representation of the elements on this sketch. Such a sweet card, Linda!

Amy O said...

I love this card! The plaid dsp presents and the sequined ornaments are such fun details.

HJ said...

Love this card, Linda. The tree with yellow sequins and the DSP packages with bows are just perfect. I have about 60 cards made with a goal of 100 and I'm going to be away for 3 weeks. Yikes!! Thanks for the inspiration of this pretty card with few steps. Yes, I'm beginning to count how many steps it takes to get a card ready to go out the door!! We do what we have to do, right? Take care and have a great day!

I Card Everyone said...

It truly is my favorite Season for cardmaking, Linda... you've set yourself in motion just beautifully!
=]

Lynn Hoyt said...

A valentine? Not quite yet. LOL, I've been working on my Christmas cards for a month now. Love this one, did you just get the set? I can see now how great this DSP goes with the stamp set. I have it on the road to me as we speak. Should be here tomorrow.
Kudos on a wonderful card.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love your simple Christmas tree as the focal point on this card and those cute plaid packages are adorable. Also like the stamping on the DSP. Very nice indeed.
I know what you mean about NOVEMBER is HERE! What????? It takes a blink anymore and another month is gone. I usually make about 90 cards... so much work. I hope the people appreciate how I just can NOT buy a card anymore... and every year I say I'm gonna cut down... Hmmm?

Hugs

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Linda! I love that tree and it's little gold sequins! I'm going to assume this is the tree that started with the white dots??? Love the plaid presents too! We do not share the same view on the first snowfall though. I truly believe I should live full time in Hawaii!!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Snow? Valetines? Slow down! You know how much I hate the former. And the latter can wait until after the Santas, the trees, the holly and what-not. 75 cards is quite ambitious but I know you can do it! You're off to a great start (love those plaid presents)!

Karren said...

That tree is so striking and the background paper really sets it off beautifully! The sentiment fits here perfectly too!

Jen Timko said...

Yeah...about that #58....I'm nowhere close and a Valentine is sounding ok about now. Sigh. But this card, oh how fun it is. Love those sweet plaid presents!!