Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Sending Warm Thoughts......FMS312






Had to break out the mittens this week as the temps are dropping around here.  Lots of snow flurries in the air today - sign of things to come!  So Smitten Mittens was the perfect stamp set to play with!  I keep all sorts of mittens in a large basket by the door along with several pairs of driving gloves, texting gloves and fingerless gloves.  I like to be prepared for all weather - and all outfits.  Meanwhile the Big Guy has one pair of  heavy work gloves that live on a shelf by the back door plus ski gloves in his ski bag and he is good to go for the whole winter.  

#imayhaveamittenproblem  
#myhandswontseesunlightuntilapril




Cecile - our friend who does amazing things with diecuts - has designed a sweet square sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  It's hip to be square - join us!




Stamp Sets: Smitten Mittens, Hug in a Mug, Carols of Christmas
Ink:  Real Red, Garden Green, Black, Pool Party
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Quilted Christmas DSP

11 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

What a cute card! Love your little mitten with the cute holly accents...and we seem to have a large number of mittens at our house too. I keep wondering how we ended up with so many considering that we live in Atlanta and only need mittens about 1 day each year! :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet card! Love the red mitten and, like Amy, think the holly is a great touch. The gloves I'm curious about are the ones you wear when you walk in those frigid temps. I have trouble finding ones that keep my hands warm way down here in SC!

LeAnne said...

Love your mitten, it's so cute with its little sprig of holly! And yes, behind the craft door I have a shoe bag with lots of little individual pockets and they are filled with.....MITTENS! And GLOVES! And HATS and SCARVES and HEADWARMERS! I have to be prepared for all types of weather, and in case wee ones come sledding, I have extras! Grandmas need to be prepared!

~amy~ said...

Sooooooo thoroughly inspired by this fabulous card!

Amy O said...

I love these bright red mittens and fabulous cut-outs from the die. Fortunately, we don't have a need for mittens very often, as every time I reach into our mitten basket I struggle to find a complete pair. It's worse than socks and the laundry!

I Card Everyone said...

Your friend in The Mitten State might just love this TOO much, Linda... do you have a Christmas Card lay-away program?! so very smitten with your mitten! xx
=]

Jen Brum said...

Linda, I love this card! That mitten is really sweet but I don't share your excitement with requiring them. We apparently have some flakes falling out there now but I'm too scared to look out the window!!!

Karren said...

Super cute card and a super-cute mitten. What a great take on the sketch.

Jen Mitchell said...

I think I may have to adopt your idea of having a mitten basket by the door. It's nice to be prepared! Great card! Mittens sure are cute - especially when they are on a fun card!

Jen Timko said...

I have two baskets in on a shelf above all the shoes that hold the gloves, hats, even a scarf. Lots of them. Because wherever all the missing socks are, I'm certain there is one of every glove we have ever had. Such an adorable card. Love the touches of gold!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, Linda! Your adorable card with this lovely mittens makes my sketch look so "cosy"! Love, love, love ...